Monday, September 21, 2015

LOST AGAIN

Letter dated 14 September 2015 Dear Family, Holy Cow! I can't believe it's the middle of September already! Is it getting cold there? It's not here. But that's OK. Grandma sent me a sweater in a package the other day which I appreciate but can't really use it yet because it's still too hot for sweaters. So, some stuff about the week....well, first of all, lunch took forever to make today because I forgot to turn on the burner! So I kept waiting and waiting for my water to boil before I finally figured out what was wrong! Sister Fausett and I had a pretty good laugh about that. We got lost on Saturday trying to deliver some cupcakes to one of our members who's husband had a birthday. Sister Murray had taken the GPS with her so I didn't really know where I was going. I thought I knew, but I really didn't know. So we got lost and burned a ton of miles. It was actually pretty funny and I was cracking up about it! I think Sister Fausett was a little frustrated but I thought it was hilarious! Anyway after driving a ways on what I thought was the right road I finally admitted that we were not going the right way so I turned around and headed back to the main road. I pulled into a little gas station and we tried to call our member with no luck. Who else would know how to get there? Most everyone in the ward were at Saturday sessions of conference. As I racked my brain trying to think who we could call I suddenly had the thought to call Max. (Have I told you about Max? He works at outreach and is a friend of the Cranfords who we were trying to get the cupcakes to. He also seems to be an eternal potential investigator.) He would know how to get to the Cranfords house. So we called him and he answered! Thank goodness! We told him the predicament that we were in and asked if he could help us. "Where are you right now?" he asked. "We're at 71 and 348 at a little gas station," I said. What does the gas station look like?" "Uh...it is a little rock building,"... "Have you passed the yellow flashing lights?" he asked "What!? I tell ya, no one does directions by names and street signs here! They go by landmarks like big hills and curves and far-see's and yellow flashing lights. It was so funny to listen as Max figured out where we were and gave us directions to get to the Cranfords. He did eventually throw in one street name, and that's how I figured out where the heck he was telling me to go! Anyway, good on him, he got us where we needed to go. So we delivered our cupcakes. All's well that ends well, right? We still weren't sure what the purpose was in our getting lost but we were sure it had happened for a reason. Well, later that night as we were getting settled in for the night and doing our planning and stuff I had the thought to invite Max to Stake Conference. "Hmmm," I thought. I told Sister Fausett the idea and she totally agreed! So we called Max up and thanked him for helping us to find the Cranfords. Then from that we were able to invite him to come to Stake Conference. He said he would love to, but he had some family plans already in place so he wouldn't be able to make it, but that he was grateful for the offer and would love to come to church sometime,..."maybe I could come next week," he said. Woohoo! So Max might be coming church next Sunday. Pray for him. After we got off the phone Sister Fausett said, "I bet that's why we got lost today. So we could call Max and get directions and that way we would have an opportunity to call him tonight and invite him to Stake Conference and it wouldn't be awkward. Maybe she's right. Mom, I wanted to say thank you for what you sent me about the Sacrament. That was so awesome! I have been trying to figure out what I can do as a missionary to more fully keep the Sabbath day holy, because sometimes it's not really a day of rest, and for a missionary it can become very much just like any other day. So I have been thinking what I can do to make my Sundays more holy. What you sent me helped to answer my question. Thank you. Have a wonderful week. Love Sister Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment