Monday, January 18, 2016

RUBY GETS BAPTIZED

email dated 1/18/2016 Hello family dearest! First, let me answer your question dad, I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO THE TEMPLE! Second, mom, that hat is AWESOME! I LOVE IT!!! Ok, now I will tell you about my week :) Don't know how detailed it's going to be because I blew a bunch of my email time doing "my plan". It's a training for almost RM's (Return Missionaries) to make sure we don't mess up our lives post mission :) Any way, highlights. On Tuesday we went on an exchange with Samantha T. She is from England and black so she is basically the coolest person around. She came with two of her kids, Neo (I think he's 12 or 13) and Nathaniel (3 years old). Nathaniel is SO cute! We are basically best friends. Any time he see's us he runs up with a big smile, gives us a hug and asks to come to our house! He also showed me a picture of the Salt Lake temple and asked if I would go there with him. I said yes. Now all we need is a ring! haha Any way, so the lesson. Nothing too special about it, so why mention it? Because there was one cool part. I was sitting on the couch beside Neo and I had the impression to ask him if he would share his testimony of the Book of Mormon with Ruby (that's who the lesson was with). We looked at me and then at Ruby and got a big smile on his face as he nodded. When there was a break I said that Neo was going to share his testimony and he did, and it was so perfect! You could feel the spirit! Any way, he has been struggling a little bit with his testimony and so I was so glad that I followed the spirit and gave him that opportunity to share something that he knew :) Tuesday night we had a Just Serve training meeting for me and the zone leaders and the stake leaders (not necessarily in that order lol). It was a good meeting in the fact that it was short. After the meeting me and the zone leaders, Elders Millett and Williams met in the chapel and talked about the zone. Our zone has been struggling a bit and me and Sister Millett decided that we needed to do something! Hence we had the meeting with the zone leaders. We talked about what we could do to help some of the younger missionaries catch the vision of obedience and just how to be effective happy missionaries. We talked about the five anchors and special ops that Pres. Shumway had given us and the things that Pres. Loveland has talked to us about. We planned a training meeting for the zone this Wednesday before the world wide mission training and we are hoping to squash what Pres. Shumway gave us with what Pres. Loveland has asked of us and is focusing on. Hopefully it will go good :) It was nice though because I felt like I was actually doing something helpful for the zone leaders in my assignment as an STL to help them know a little bit what I had noticed in the zone. Wednesday we visited Tricia Brown. That wasn't much different from other visits. She vented to us about how mad she was at her mom and her Dr.'s and how hard her family is making things for her and how she has to fix everyone's problems. After about an hour or so of that I felt impressed to try to commit her to come to church. We have invited her before, but never committed her. So when she stopped for breath I said "If we find you a ride to church, will you come?" There was silence for a while as she looked down. Then she started to go off on some stuff again and I said "I know you're dealing with a lot right now, but I promise coming to church will help." Silence again. She debated with herself and her husband a little bit, and then finally she said. "Ok, I'll come." MIRACLE! So her and her kids came to church this Sunday! She told us that she almost didn't come, but then her daughter, Hannah (age 10 or 11) said "but mom, you said that you have to do what you say you will if you give your word, because that's all you have." So she came. :D It was a little rough because they talked about mothers a little bit in sacrament meeting, but I think she felt the spirit (I had been praying that she would since she committed to come!) because she agreed to come back again next week! And she seemed kind of happy-ish about it! Her kids loved church! They stayed for all three hours (Tricia had to go home to fix her husband lunch after the 2nd hour) and had a great time! Brother Patterson (YM Pres.) said that Jacob (Tricia's son, age 13) did great in YM's, with lots of participation and everything. I was so grateful to the ward for taking care of the browns! Sister Garcia took Hannah to primary and made sure she got in the right class, and Chris Bailey on of the YM just grabbed Jacob without us even asking and took him to class! That kid is great! Let's see...Wednesday we went to YW's and watched them make cupcakes. And then ate them :D Friday I made an incredible sandwich for lunch and didn't get to eat it until dinner. haha I made some guacamole and then got some chicken out of the fridge and put it all on french bread and then had some little sweet peppers and sweet potato chips by the side. That lunch looked SO GOOD! Just as I sat down to eat it though Nate Patterson called and said "hey, my mom is dropping off some pizza's at my house and I have Monty Keeney over here. Do y'all want to come over and eat lunch with us?" Monty Keeney is a LA. I looked at my lunch, then at Sister Millett, then at my lunch again and said "...Yeah, that sounds awesome!" as a tear rolls down. haha jk So I shoved my lunch in the fridge and we were off. It was a fun time and I'm glad we went. And I got to eat my sandwich for dinner :D RUBY WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was probably the highlight of the week! She is so awesome and you can just tell that she has a testimony! Her one problem was Joseph Smith about a week ago (kind of a big problem) and so we asked her if she had prayed and specifically asked Heavenly Father if Joseph Smith really was a prophet. She got a thoughtful look and said "no, I haven't." Well we invited her to do it and the next time we went over, she had her answer :D The gospel is SO TRUE. Well, that's just about all I have time for. Those are the highlights though :D I hope you all have a wonderful week! Tell Everybody that I love them! Give yourselves a hug from me! Love, Sister Cryer Picture: So that's me and Sister Millett with Ruby and Brother Taylor and Nathaniel, the cute little guy that I'm going to the temple with :) P.S. So there is a temple dedication in Utah March 20th...what would be the possibility of going to that? :D P.P.S. Do I need to get my FASFA or FAFSA or whatever it is, in?

No comments:

Post a Comment