Monday, January 25, 2016

I AM A WITNESS FOR JESUS CHRIST

Email dated January 25, 2016 Hey family! So this email might be a little bit on the short side just because I have to do this my training deal and we lost some of our preparation day time because we felt prompted to visit someone and ended up talking to them about some stuff going on for an hour or so. Wouldn't trade following promptings for anything! I am so glad that we did! But, it does cut down on email time! lol So let me see what I can tell you about...This week has been a little abnormal honestly. I spent a lot of time in meetings...which is AWESOME. I learned a TON this week. We had a world wide mission training meeting that was INCREDIBLE. The theme was Preach Repentance, and Baptize Converts. Oh my goodness, family. It was SO good. One of my favorite parts was something that Elder Nelson talked about. He talked about bearing testimony of the Savior. That His name should always be on our lips. As I thought about my teaching and the things that I talk to people about, I realized that, for being His representative, I do not bear testimony of the Savior very often. Or at least, not as often as I should. That is something that I have decided to change. I want to constantly be bearing testimony of the Savior. If I don't know what to talk about, I am going to talk about the Savior. I am going to constantly have His name on my lips so that people can recognize me as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Another part that I loved was a training from Elder Bednar. That man is amazing. He is SO smart! Any way, he talked about the Holy Ghost and the role we play in bringing the Holy Ghost into the lessons and to the hearts of our investigators by our preparation and our obedience, and the Holy Ghosts role in converting and teaching the people. That was a bit of an eye opener. I have always understood that I am not the one that converts people. That is the Spirits job, but I did think I was the teacher. In that respect I kind of viewed the Holy Ghost as a helper, with me, the teacher, middle stage. But that's not the way it is at all, and if it is then I've got a problem! (Houston, we have a problem! lol) The Holy Ghost is the teacher. I am the helper. I am the vessel. That's all. My job is literally to do everything I can, in the lesson and out of it, to allow the spirit to teach and convert. I'm the helper. I'm the tool. I'm the instrument. IT WAS SO COOL!!!! Any way, so that was a really good meeting, and I think that's all I have time to tell you. :( I might be able to write a letter! Maybe...no promises, but I will try. Love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week! Sam I hope you feel better soon! I just got your letter today and you said you weren't feeling that great. Thank for the letter though, I loved getting it. It made my day! Good luck on seminary and stuff dad! And mom, I can't wait to hear about he RS meeting that you spoke at! I know you did amazing! Sister Cryer P.S. here, I'll send a pic or two to make up for my lack of words! The first one is of me, Elder Connor, Elder Murdock and Elder Williams. Elder Murdock and Elder Williams came out with me. Elder Willimas is my zone leader and spanish speaking and a nut. Elder Murdock is also a nut and has some really good gospel insights, and Elder Connor used to serve here in Siloam so every one knows and loves him :) The second picture is of me and Elder Horsely. I think that's how you spell his name. He came out with me as well. He is super funny and it's been great to see him because unlike everyone else I came out with, I haven't really seen him at all! So that was way fun to get to talk to him a little bit. Both of these pics were taken at MLC this week on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment