Monday, February 16, 2015

SO MUCH SUCCESS!!!

Hi Family! Thanks for the email this week :) I am glad to hear your brain functions are back to their accustomed level. So this past week has been crazy! Monday to Thursday I was without a companion so I was going on a lot of exchanges. I was amazed at how Heavenly Father blessed me with so much success! Everything that I was able to accomplish was SO not me. The members were wonderful, and they really helped me to fill my time. Somehow the days filled up with lessons and I was able to teach 14 lessons in about two days. It was amazing! I would not have chosen to have this experience but I wouldn't trade it for the world now. Sister Ratto is awesome! I love her so much! She has already taught me so much about being a consecrated, Preach My Gospel missionary. We have had a lot of fun already :) Jessee got baptized on Saturday! That was so awesome! There is nothing better than to see someone make covenants with God that will bless them so much in their life and that will bring them so much closer to God. The spirit was there very strongly and I was reminded again of the reason I am here serving a mission as I watched Jessee get baptized. I am so grateful that I have had the chance to work with him from the very beginning. There is something special about watching someone that you have taught be baptized. The converting power of the spirit is incredible and I am so glad that I got to see that in Jessee. He was so prepared from the very first time we met with him! Heavenly Father had been working on him for a long time before we came onto the scene. I am grateful for the trust that he had in me and Sister Nelson to allow us to teach Jessee. The only part of the baptism that could have gone a bit better was after the actual ordinance when Brother Maughn was giving a talk on the Holy Ghost. The font had been draining since the ordinance had been performed and as Brother Maughn started getting in to the beginning of his talk the font began making some really nice sucking and slurping noises as the water lowered. From the first slurp, I knew there was no hope for me at all. I was laughing so hard! I was shaking in my seat and biting my tongue to keep from laughing out loud. It was SO funny! The sounds of the drain continued through almost the whole talk. I felt kind of bad, but the comical side of the situation won out and I just laughed silently to myself. All I could do was hope that the people in the back thought I was crying from happy emotion rather than laughing uncontrollably under my breath. What's funny about that is that I had a similar experience back home with Elder Ratto at Maleana's baptism. He started cracking up about something and so I lost it and we were both just sitting there dying. Me and Sister Ratto had a good laugh about that when I told her. That was pretty much the best part of week. Sister Ratto arriving and Jessee getting baptized. :) Have an awesome week! Love, Sister Cryer PS This is our Friday night zucchini pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment