Monday, February 23, 2015

THE POWER OF PRAYER

First of all, thank you so much for my valentines day package! That was nice to get a package full of chocolaty goodness! We have seen so many blessings from Heavenly Father this week! I have been studying faith in the Christlike attributes this month and I am sure glad, because my faith has been tested. Bishop Nothum wants us to get out teaching pool up to 20 by this upcoming Sunday night. In order to do that we are working to find 10 new investigators. That was a little rough this week in particular because of the weather, but we worked as hard as we could and by Sunday we had 4 investigators with another 8 or so solid potential investigators with lessons set up this week :D Heavenly Father is truly blessing us for our efforts and I believe for the faith that we had and Bishop had to set this goal. High goals really bring out our best I have found. We did have a neat experience on Sunday that I will share with you. We were on splits because Sister Ratto was in Sullivan so me and a member from our ward, Eliza, were out tracting. We decided to check out the apartment complex's right across the street from the institute and see if we would have any luck. Right before we knocked on the first door we said a prayer. I am so glad that we did! Because a miracle happened after that which I don't think would have happened if we hadn't prayed. We knocked on the door and an Indian lady opened the door. We said hi, and then almost immediately she invited us inside because it was so cold outside! Well, that never happens! We were able to sit and talk with her and her room mate for about 45 minutes and share the message of the restoration (opening and closing prayer :) I have really been working on saying opening prayers so we can get new investigators and have the spirit with us...not necessarily in that order) and give them a copy of the Book of Mormon and a restoration pamphlet and set up a time to come back and teach them more. Wow! I was so excited! It was a testimony to me of the power of prayer, as well as the power of positive thinking because we had told our bishop as we started out the door to go tracting that we would come back with a success story. And we did! :D Any way, it was good times :) Love you all! Have an awesome week :) Sister Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment