Monday, December 21, 2015

MOMENTS MISSIONARIES LIVE FOR

Letter dated 14 December 2015 Dear Family, So we are sitting at the library and some random guy at the computers just turned around, looked at me and said, "Don't cry Sister Cryer!" What the heck! haha. OK so let me just give you some highlights of the week. It's been a little rough. Sister H wants to go home and we are just doing everything we can to keep her out. So it's been hard and ling. BUT there have been some good times. So on Monday, I think I told you, we went up to Bentonville and spent a good chunk of the day with Sister Loveland making chocolates with some of the other Sisters. It was a lot of fun! And the chocolates we made were pretty darn good if I do say so myself. It was really nice to get out and do something different for a change on Monday and I got to see the new mission home! So that was fun. OK so in my email I think I left off with Wednesday night caroling. So the lady that we talked to that night that said she wanted to come to church, we called her on Saturday to see if she still wanted to come but we think she got antied:( I guess it's just not the right time for her yet. Oh well, I still count it as a cool miracle and a positive contact. Thursday was AMAZING! We got to go to a special Zone Conference with Elder Foster of the Seventy. It was incredible. He talked mostly about working with members and I couldn't help but think, 'Where have you been my whole mission!' My whole perspective of what it means to work with members has changed. I wish we could have had this conference about 16 months ago! Haha. But having said that I don't think it would have meant the same thing for me then as it does now. God's timing is perfect so this is when I was supposed to learn it I guess. And it's actually pretty cool because I had just been setting some transfer goals for myself and the main one that I wanted to work on was working with members. So, Heavenly Father recognized my desire (which was not there before) and provided me with what I needed to accomplish that goal. So, Thursday night we were at Braums with some members getting ice-cream and we met this super cool lady. Her name is Kay. She is GOLDEN! We gave her a #ASaviorIsBorn card and asked her to watch the video and when we talked to her two days later she had watched it three times and wanted to meet with us! She was going to come to church on Sunday but woke up not feeling well (darn adversary!) but we are planning to meet with her again and start teaching her. We also had another cool experience the other night. It was 8:30 pm and we can't go in until 9:00 pm and we had absolutely nothing to do. That's one of my least favorite situations to be in. Anyway, I didn't know what to do so we went spirit driving. Spirit driving is kind of hard to describe as far as how you feel when you're doing it. But, anyway, we turned down a street that seemed good, drove past a bunch of houses and then stopped at a small house with a Jeep out front. Then we sat in the car for a few minutes trying to think some positive things about that moment because neither of us wanted to go tracting but I knew that 6-9 is sacred finding time so we had to do it. After all, sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. So after each of us had said three positive things about that moment in time we prayed and asked for a miracle and then got out of the car and went and knocked on the door. And low and behold, we met Natasha! Miracle! Natasha is Catholic, super sweet, and going to school at JBU. She let us right inside when we knocked on the door because it was cold out and we gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and she was so excited because she had never heard of it before. We actually just had a lesson with her today and she already has read the introduction even though she' in the middle of finals, and as we talked to her more about what the Book of Mormon is and read Moroni's promise with her she got SO excited! She is just so prepared and ready to learn and she said that she really believes that God sent us to her. The spirit was strong as we were able to bear our witness (both us and the McWhorters who were with us) of the Book of Mormon and testify to her that God did send us to her at this time. Man, it's moments and lessons and people like that that you live for as a missionary! Out of time! I love you all! Hope you have an awesome week! Love Sister Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment