Friday, September 25, 2009

Lovin' the MTC

Dear Family,
O.K....So I really have no clue what to write about! So much has happened in the last week! The days have started to blur together.
My district is awesome. We get a lot done but we have a good time while we do it! We all get along so good...it's great.
Me and my companion got the chance, for the first time, to go teach an 'investigator', (they were just acting) the first lesson, The Restoration. I was pretty nervous at first but as we got to talking with her I had a great time! I was able to teach her and bear testimony to her that what we were telling her was truth. I could feel the spirit while we were talking with her. It was so neat!
Tonight we got to attend our first Tuesday evening devotional...I missed Elder Holland last Tuesday. I was a day late, dang it...but yeah, tonight we got to hear from Elder Clayton from the Seventy and his wife. I just wanted to share a couple things I really liked. One thing that Sister Clayton shared was that "every mission faithfully served is a magnificent experience." I thought that was so cool. It's not about where you serve...it's about how you serve. Then Elder Clayton told us to not waste a single minute. Every minute wasted is a soul lost. He also told us to not look back. He said to not dwell on home or friends but to throw ourselves into our mission. So much good stuff!
I am learning so much here. How to learn, how to teach, how to rely on the spirit, so much.
We also got to go walk around the Provo Temple and took some pictures with our district. I have about 90 more pictures to take until I send the card home. Hey also, I would love a copy of our family picture to have! Just a 3x5 would be awesome.
I don't remember if I've told you about the food here but if I did then her goes again! There is a ton of food here. It feels like we're eating all the time! But the food is getting worse everyday! I can't wait for a real home cooked meal!
But yeah, I'm lovin' my mission so far even though it's barely started!
Well, I really need to go to bed now.
Love you all tons!
Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment