Friday, May 21, 2010

LOOK FOR GODS INFLUENCE DAILY

Hi Everybody!
So, by the time you get this letter I will no long be in Calhan. I will be in a place called.,.,"The middle of nowhere!" (aka Ulysses, Kansas) They don't even have a Wal-mart in my area! It should be a very exciting adventure. We went over to the Boyds this morning to say goodbye's and Sister Boyd google-earth'd Ulysses. It looked like a lot of farm land! The town itself looked like it was a decent size...but still small.
So, I'm not sure who my new comp is...I'll find out in about an hour...but President did tell me that I'm going to be senior companion. I'm excited but a little nervous. I mean, I know nothing at all about this new area! I guess I'll have to learn it quick. And I'll have to make friends with someone quick so I can use their phone on Sunday...Mother's Day! I'm excited to get to hear all of your voices again!
I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that Elder C. Scott Grow came to the mission to do a fireside. Well, it was a great conference. It would take way too long for me to write down so I'll just tell you about it when I call but I did want to write about one thing that happened. Right when the conference ended President came up to the mic and said, "Elder Grow has decided that he would like to visit with a few of you individually."
Then he read off the ten or so names (out of 100+ missionaries) that he had chosen to meet with. Mine was one of them! Man, I could feel my heart start to race! I kept thinking, "What have I done wrong?"..."Why would he choose to talk to me?"
Well, the conference ended and Elder Grow started meeting with us one by one. My turn finally came. We went into the high council room and we sat down. We talked for a few minutes about what I had gotten from the conference. Then he asked where I was from. When I told him that I was from Eugene his face lit up. He told me that two of his sons were born in Eugene and that he knows President Hill and President Shultz. It was neat that he knew some stuff about my home. Then he asked me if I had any questions for him. I told him that I knew that we were called to areas for certain reasons and certain things and so I asked him how I can know that I am doing everything I'm supposed to in my area. He said to write in my journal every night about times that day when I noticed the Lords hand in something that happened or times that I felt or saw his influence. He said that if I would do that I would know. I have started doing it and I have seen so many times the Lord has helped me that I would have missed otherwise. (Ask me about Fast Sunday when I call)
I didn't have any other questions for him after that so he said, "Wll, Elder Cryer, it's been very nice to meet you...you must have wonderful parents."
I said, "Oh, I do...I love them alot."
Then we got up and walked to the door and then he grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes and said, "Tell your parents something for me, will you? Tell them that a General Authority looked into their sons eyes and can tell that he is worthy and clean and that he is a good disciple of Christ...tell them that."
I promised that I would, so, there you go. It felt so cool being told by a general authority that I was worthy and clean. I will remember that moment for a very long time. So thanks for being such awesome parents mom and dad!
So, mom, you asked who I have actually baptized (as in, I was in the water with them). So far I have been able to baptize one person....
This is the letter I started but never sent! I figured I would just add on to it and send it to you even though I've told you about it already!

10 May 2010

So we went shopping for food today at Daves food store. (I'm sure I'll meet 'Dave' sometime because the town is so small!) But I saw that they had fresh strawberries for two dollars so I bought a pack and I also got some cream so I can make waffles, strawberries and cream! You got me all in the mood when you told me about your Mothers Day breakfast! I'm excited to have some tomorrow morning!
Well, today I finished the last of my unpacking. I am now all moved into my new apartment for at least six weeks.
Tonight we are going over to a potentials house to have dinner and then we're going to do some service for him. We're going to help him move some stuff around. He said he's going to get us some pizza so it should be good.
So, right now we have a dust storm going on! About 30 minutes ago the sky was blue and now it's brown! The wind is blowing and picking up all of the dust and blowing it around! Crazy stuff!
We just got done deep cleaning our car. We cleaned all the interior with that cleaning spray and we vacuumed it and cleaned inside all the doors and stuff. It looks so good now.
So I just went out to get the mail and guess what!? I found a nice long letter from a girl named Emma that was delivered to me by snail mail service.
It sounds like you and Natalie had fun putting on your magic act! I do remember that You Tube video...that was so funny. So dad filmed a little of your act huh? You should try to send it..I'd love to see it!
Now, what's this that I hear about my little sister going to prom? Is that even allowed? That is totally disgusting that you drank some of that nasty drink you made. It sounds like you had a great time at the dance though...and sounds like you met some interesting people! Mr. T sounds crazy! I'm confused...how did ten otter-pops save you? (I know, I know...you told me not to ask.)
So, your starting to figure out your sports cars huh? I've actually learned a bit about cars myself since I've been out. That's funny that you knew what it was though!
So, we're $1.02 closer to our family cruise huh? That's sweet. Keep it up!
So, mom, I just realized I never finished telling you about the person that I actually baptized. The one person that I've performed the baptism for was S. She was a 12 year old girl that we baptized with her dad. That was in my first area when I was with Elder Oakes.
Well, I guess that's about all the news I've got for you. Again, it was great to talk to you all! I really enjoyed it...and I can't wait until Christmas! Keep up the good work! Stay healthy and happy! Talk to you later.
Love you mom, dad, Sam and Emma!....(and Jackson and the cat)
Love Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment