Monday, January 26, 2015

WEIRDEST EXPERIENCE YET

Hello Family! So, this week has been crazy and I honestly don't know what to say about it. Mostly it's been crazy because of an even that happened on Monday after I had emailed you and which I will not disclose in this email, just for kicks. You have to wait for my letter :) Hmm...I'm trying to think what I have not already told you in my letter! Haha We got a new investigator on Sunday. It was on of the weirdest experiences I have ever had on my misison. We were desperate for a new investigator on Sunday. We were asking everyone and finally we got a referral from one of our investigators, Antwain. He said that his friend Nick from work might be interested. We were told to meet him at the Stake 'n Shake on National in 15 minutes. He was tall and thin and white and had scraggly brown hair. That's all we got. OK...We had Jon and Eliza with us, otherwise we probably wouldn't have gone. So we got to Stake n' Shake and found a table and then just sat there creepily staring at people as they came and went. We waited for a good 15-20 minutes, and then finally we figured out that Nick was the guy that had come in a while ago and was sitting a few tables down from us. So he joined us at our table and we started talking. It was a little awkward though...especially because at this particular time Stake n' Shake was kind of busy, and LOUD. Not to mention that his voice was kind of quiet. I could barely hear what he was saying, when he did say something, and so for most of the meeting I had to guess at what to say, so I just went for it. Poor Sister Nelson couldn't hear a thing so it was pretty much just me the whole time. Eliza stepped in and helped me out though. It was just really strange. Hey, he agreed to meet with us again though :) so that's good. Um...what else? Jon Mayer came to church yesterday! We have been trying to get him to church for so long now!!! And he came! :D We were so happy! Zach came to church as well. He is one of our investigators that we haven't been able to see in a while. He is doing great though. We talked to him about church after he got our of priesthood and he said that he had loved it! We talked about the Holy Ghost and how much he loves that feeling. We talked about baptism and how he can have the gift of the Holy Ghost and he said that is something that he really wants and he is so exited to be baptized! Zach is the best! At the end of the lesson he gave the closing prayer and it was one of the simplest most sincere and heartfelt prayers I have ever heard. Me and Sister Nelson couldn't stop talking about it after he had gone! Well, sorry, this is kind of a short email this week. Love you all! Have an amazing week! Remember to say your prayers every day :) Heavenly Father wants to hear from you. He loves you so much! Sister Cryer P.S. Here are a couple of pictures of us at the St. Louis Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment