Thursday, November 12, 2009

LOTS TO DO IN PUEBLO


Dear Dad Mom Sam And Emma...and my furry friends!
Thank you so much for the chocolate apple! (And a thank you to the Stewarts!) It's Halloween night and I just got the package today...perfect timing! And banana bread too..Wow! I feel so loved! We also had some candy given to us by a member to hand out to the trick-or-treaters but we haven't had a single one stop by! So Elder Oakes and I are relaxing in our apartment in our P-day clothes eating Halloween treats! Life is good!
As for answering your question mom, please don't worry about me! (Although I know it's your job as my mother to worry!) I am doing well and staying warm for the most part. That neck warmer has saved my life! Although...if you happen to come across waterproof electric socks I would gladly accept them! No, my feet really are all that get really cold, so maybe some wool socks of some kind (they have to be a solid dark color), but yea, don't get worried!
I actually got to go on team-ups with Elder McCord (My MTC District Leader) and while we were out riding our bikes it was snowing and I wasn't freezing at all. It was crazy doing team-ups with him! I mean, we both have only been out about three weeks and here we are pretending we know what we're doing!
Well, the other night we went over to a families house who was scheduled for baptism and they had read some anti-Mormon literature that a friend had given them. So we started resolving her concerns. We talked, read scripture and bore pure testimony. It was such an amazing lesson. By the end of the night she was crying and she told us that she was so grateful for us not giving up on her and she said that she felt so at peace now. It was probably the most powerful visit of my mission so far. We closed by each of us taking turns saying a prayer. The boy, who is 8, said such a sweet prayer...so simple and so sincere. His mother also. It was a real testimony builder visit! It's been a few days since that visit and the boy is getting baptized tomorrow. We're all really excited. His mom isn't quite ready yet so please keep her in your prayers.
So, Emma, you gave a talk on the Holy Ghost in Sacrament huh? Well, I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost too. But it was at a baptism. I was really excited to do it...(Oh, and by the way... I had to whip it together in one hour..that's all the heads up they gave me!) It's really been amazing to me though. I mean I'm surrounded by the gospel and the spiritual all the time and so it's so easy to put together talks and things because it's what we talk about everyday!
I think I said thanks for the 'Witches Fingers' but I'll say it again! Thanks! Those were awesome! I've never seen anything like them! My comp really liked them too! I saved the last one for today...Halloween!
Oh, O.K. So I think that you should all be aware of this...I...yes, me, Ben Cryer. I ate...do you understand? I, me I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich the other day. Now, don't worry. I did go to the emergency room right after and they told me that I should be O.K. (O.K. Maybe not the emergency room....but I did eat a PBJ) It was so gross! The bread was stale, like crunchy stale and they didn't spread the peanut butter or jelly so there were two big globs in the middle! It was awful! On the flip side though, yesterday a family invited us over for dinner and fed us steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, corn on the cob and rolls. It was so good!
Mmmmm! I'm eating those candy corns you all sent me while I write! I love these things!
So my rooms cleared out huh? Who's is it now? Who won?!
Well dad, the days are flying by for me too! There is not enough time to get everything done! It's a busy time, lots to do here in Pueblo. I can't believe that I'm almost done with my first transfer! I only have about two weeks left! I really hope that I get to stay in this area for at least one more transfer!
Well...I am extremely excited for tonight because we get to set our clocks back, which means I get a whole extra hour of sleep! YES!
Well, I better go now. Love you all!
Love Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment