Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SEEING MIRACLES

Dear Family,
Hey! How's your week going so far? Is everyone staying caught up on work and homework? I'm doing my best to stay caught up on mine!
Well, I told you about the baptism we had on the 31st of January. That was such a cool baptism because he had to make a 180 degree turn in his life and he did. It's hard to explain, but I know...I KNOW that ONLY the spirit can make a change in a person as huge as the change we saw in this young man. And it was an overnight change too! It wasn't even just a change of mind but it was an actual physical change. I don't know how to explain it...he was just different that morning after he had received his answer compared to the night before. I love helping people find joy in their life!
The story of the girl we're baptizing on the 6th is a cool story too. Elder Torres and I were on teamups with one of our Zone Leaders and we went over to her house to have dinner and, unbeknownst to her, teach, or rather just find out why she wasn't getting baptized! I guess she already had had a date and had showed up to her baptism and got changed and then something came up and she backed out! (I thought that only happened at weddings!) Anyway, so after dinner we started asking her some questions. At first she was super defensive and didn't want to cooperate. We were asking what made her come to church if she wasn't a member and why she paid a full tithe even though she wasn't a member! She told us that she was just super busy right now. She told us to calm down and that she would probably get baptized within six months! Now it was time to rely on the spirit because she wasn't listening to us. So we promised her blessings that she would see after she was baptized. Long story short, the spirits awesome! Within a few minutes we had her committed to be baptized in two weeks on the 6th!
We talked to her last Sunday and both her and her husband (who is already a member) are super excited...they have family coming in and everything! It was a miracle...the spirit rocks! I don't know how it does it, but it does it! Now we just have to hope that she doesn't back out again!
Well, transfers are coming up again. They are on the 10th of February. I have no clue if I'm going or staying her in Calhan. I guess we'll see soon!
Well, today for P-day we decided to go to seminary! It was fun. Brought back some memories! lol It was fun to hang out with the kids and get some gospel study in at the same time! Then when seminary was over we asked if we could play a few rounds of pool downstairs before we left. (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that seminary is at a members house.) She said that it would be fine. So we played some pool...I was one ball away from winning once but then I lost...again! I think it was just too early to play well and show my true hidden talent!
Then we went shopping, then we e-mailed, then we played dodgeball and now I'm writing you!
Later tonight we are going to the Barks for dinner and Elder Miller and I are going to play some cards with Kynzee. She's 13 and super fun. We we're over there about a week ago and she made us promise that we would play cards with her again next time we came over. So that should be fun.
Well, that's about all that's new with me. I've been seeing a lot of miracles lately. Hope you're all doing great back home. Remember Heavenly Father loves you and that He lives and answers sincere prayers. I've learned and seen that a lot lately. He personally cares about each of us.
I wanted to share this one quick quote with you before I wrap up. I read this in the January 2010 Ensign. It's in the talk "Hold on a little longer" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He says, "You have a celestial pedigree and therefore have all the necessary talents to make your life an eternal success story."
The trick, I guess, is to use the talents we've been given and to use them for the right reasons!
Well, remember, I love you and pray for you each. Have a great week!
Love Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment