Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How-de-do from Ulysses

Dear Familia!
How have you been since we talked last?! For some reason it feels like it's been a long time since I wrote to you even though I wrote to you just last week. A fairly lengthy letter if I remember correctly.
Well first things first...well, I guess second in this case!...Thank you for my box! You don't even know how wonderful it is to have new socks! Now I have enough to last me the whole week! Thanks for the licorice and jerky too. That was a nice treat! It's been nine months since I had beef jerky. Actually...longer than that! And Elder Alonso had never had licorice and so I gave him some and he loves it! You got him hooked. Man, I always forget how much I love licorice until I eat some and then I remember! It's so good. And I loved the pics and videos on the xd card. And now I'm set on stamps too. I am good to go all round!
Well it sounds like you had a good visit with Landon. I like what his Mission President said about leaving our families for two years to help other families be together forever. I love this work! I do miss all of you but I wouldn't trade this for anything. It is sad to see some missionaries be disobedient. Luckily my district right now is awesome. They are all great missionaries. Obedience does bring blessings and it does affect the people we teach. They can feel a difference.
So Mom and Emma, how did the Dipzy's table at Brighter Smiles go? Did you have much success?
Well I finished the Book of Mormon the other day which makes a total of twice read on the mission so far. I love it more and more each time. Personal study has been mainly devoted to reading the Book of Mormon but I also read a talk by Elder Boyd K. Packer (from June 25 1982) called "The Candle of the Lord." It's a really good talk about the spirit and personal revelation. That is my focus right now. I want to be better at receiving and following personal revelation. President Pfile has been stressing that lately as well. Without the spirit we are wasting everyone's time...ours included.
Thanks for enclosing the info about Wagon Bed Springs. We still haven't made our way over there but maybe one of these P-days we will.
Well, I still have not receive Bishop Hansen's letter but I'm looking forward to it.
So, we went over to C's house the other day to see how she was doing. I've told you about C right? She was atheist most of her life but was agnostic when we found her a few weeks ago. Her family is super nice. Anyway, she has been reading the Book of Mormon that we gave to her and she's already in 2 Nephi! She's awesome. So we went to answer some of her questions. Before we left we said, "Well, we might be getting transferred...we don't know. Hey, in case we do will you do something for us?" She said sure. So we said, "OK...will you write a letter to each of us telling us things that we do well and then ways we can improve?" She said she would! So we basically did a comp inventory but with our investigator instead. So we swung by later and picked up the letters. It was funny. And then we ended up not getting transferred!
So the last few days while we've been tracting we have been seeing a ton of Jehovah Witness flyers. So we always take them and write something on them just for the fun of it before we throw them away. I saved a couple that I'll send with the letter if I remember.
WEll...I love you all very much. I hope everything is going great for all of you.
Love ya,
Love Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment