Tuesday, July 28, 2015

WOULD IT BE OK IF WE SAT AND LISTENED?

Hello family! So I have pretty much no time today so I am really sorry if this ends up being a lame week as far as communication lol We got transfer calls on Saturday night. I am going to Alma Arkansas to finish training Sister Murray. I'm pretty sure Alma is a tiny town out in the sticks somewhere. Should be pretty fun! Ok, so as far as some news this week...I will just tell you about a miracle that I saw :) We had a lesson on Saturday with a guy named Charles. We had tracted into him a while ago and done some family history with him but he hadn't expressed much interest in learning about the church or finding out for himself if it was true. So family history was basically as far as it went for a while until one of the members somehow met him and brought him to an activity :) I LOVE when members do that! Any way, so we got back in contact with him and ended up setting up an appointment for earlier this past week. From that lesson he seemed a lot more open to learning about the church and not just family history :) So we set up another appointment for Saturday and we met him at a little coffee shop in Holister called Vintage Paris. It was a pretty cool little place. Kind of reminded me a little of some of the places in Downtown Eugene :) Any way, when we set up the appointment we were a little bit worried because first of all he is VERY smart, and second of all he said he had a lot of hard questions for us and only some of them were doctrine. ... We told him that we basically just deal in doctrine and we could most likely answer any of those types of questions that he had, but we couldn't promise anything on the other things. Then on our way to the appointment we just said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to please guide us and him with the spirit so that the conversations would be what He wanted it to be. We got into the lesson and started answering questions and it was so good! The spirit truly did guide all three of us! In fact, towards the end of the lesson he said "I feel that I should ask you both to share your testimonies with me of how you came to know that the Book of Mormon is true." Well OK! So we did and the spirit was very strong :) That was a miracle! Another miracle within that one was that while we were talking two girls came over and said "we couldn't help but overhear bits and pieces of what you were talking about and wondered if it would be ok if we sat and listened?" YES! It was so cool! That has never happened to me before and it was one of the best things ever! In that moment I felt that this was exactly what Heavenly Father wanted to have happen :) Best Feeling Ever! Well folks, that's all I have time for! I hope you all have and awesome week! I love you like crazy! Sister Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment