Monday, March 30, 2015

MY NEW AREA IS SUCH A SHOW TOWN!

Ladies and gentleman, a warm welcome from Branson Missouri! THIS IS SUCH A SHOW TOWN! I LOVE IT! haha There are so many show people here and people who work for show people it is ridiculous. Our branch mission leader in YSA is Bryden Brett (his family has a show and he is up to his ears in the show biz), one of the counselors in the branch presidency is Tom Brett, and last night we had dinner with the Hughes'. The Hughes brothers have a show in Branson too. We had a baptism on Saturday and we got to talk casually with one of The Six. They are a family of brothers that have a show as well. Pretty crazy awesome! I don't even know where to start! Well, I guess I will start by telling you that me and Sister Moreno (my new companion) are shotgunning Elders (meaning we both just got transferred into the area, and there were Elders in the area before us). So we are both clueless as to what's going on. This has definitely taught me the importance of keeping the area book updated! Despite the fact that we are both new and kind of freaking out though, me and Sister Moreno have been having a blast together! She is so much fun and we have been laughing at everything from getting lost and driving for almost an hour to get somewhere that should have only been 15 minutes away, to finding six jars of peanut butter in the kitchen. It has all just been pretty cra cra in the brain brain. From what we can find there isn't much going on the areas right now. We don't have any investigators at all in YSA and we only have one or two in West ward which we haven't been able to get in contact with yet. So we are going to be doing a lot of finding! It's gonna be good. It's been pretty crazy covering two areas at a time too! You have to keep track of what lesson was for what ward or branch and how many investigators for each etc, and it's crazy! My planner has gone on steroids! Any way, it's gonna be fun :) It is so strange to be in a family ward! There are so many old people and little people! haha It's a whole different world. And it's a lot harder to remember names I feel like, because there are a lot more names to remember! I have been praying for Heavenly Father to help me remember everyone. I am excited for the new challenge that a family ward will bring though. At the same time, I am very grateful to Heavenly Father for bringing me into it gently! I work well with YSA and I love it and He knows that. Thank goodness! :) Back tracing a little bit, we got to go up to the Kansas City temple on Wednesday with the Nothums and Jessee :D That was SO AWESOME! It was Jessee's first time at the temple and I am so glad that I was able to go with him before I left. It was such a blessing to see him in the temple doing baptisms. And honestly it was a blast to be with the Nothums almost all day! They are so great :) I think that's pretty much all my news. I hope y'all are having an awesome Monday! Have an amazing week! I know I will :D Love, Sister Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment