Sunday, July 18, 2010

A MIRACLE

7-12-2010
Dear Family,
Well, I just got done deep cleaning the fridge. Fun fun! It was getting a little dirty. I vacuumed and swept and mopped and wiped down all the counters. I'm tired of cleaning now. I've got all my laundry in rotation now. Getting ready for the week.
So I told you in my e-mail that I had a miracle story to tell you. You know that we've been working with 'W' for some time now. Well, her boyfriend was not happy that she had been meeting with us and was really unhappy when he found out she was wanting to be baptized. He has been a bit of a problem for quite a while. And he wouldn't meet with us. Well, 'W' called us two days ago and told us that she had something to tell us.
She said, "I always go to bed with my BooK of Mormon and the pamphlets that you've given to me and read them before I go to sleep. Well, when I woke up this morning they were all gone. When I went out my boyfriend told me that he had something to talk to me about."
I asked him what it was.
He said, "I got hold of your books this morning and started reading them. I like what they say."
"So then," she said, "he started asking me a bunch of questions."
Man, when she told me that I was so happy. It's like a dream come true! I don't know what will come of it but I know that the Lord is preparing something. 'W' should be getting baptized on the 25th of July
We are also working with another lady. Her name is 'N'. We found her last week and taught her the first lesson and the spirit was really strong. She accepted to be baptized on the 18th of July. She also said she'd come to church with us and she did! She was there yesterday. It was great too because every second Sunday the ward has a 'linger longer' where they serve a potluck meal. So 'N' stayed for that as well and talked to some of the members. It was neat because we found out that she knows 'J' (who was just baptized about two months ago and is doing great!) We're looking forward to 'N' baptism this Sunday.
So the other day we were walking down the street and we saw a guy walk out of a house and go to his car. We went over and talked with him. We found out that he hasn't believed in religion for some time and that he was confused about God. He also told us that he was just visiting his sister so he wasn't from around here. We asked him if he would be alright if we shared a wonderful message that would help him in his life. He agreed. I asked if he would say the prayer to start us off and he did. He said, "That is the first prayer I've offered in many many years."
We went on to testify and teach. About 5 minutes after we started talking to him another guy came out of the house to take the trash out. He went back inside and about two minutes later the sister of the guy we were teaching came out with a camera and started giggling and taking pictures. I figure it must have been amusing to her that her brother, who was not religious at all, was talking to two LDS missionaries. It was funny. So, now Elder Alonso and I are famous!
Well mom, I enjoyed getting your letter! The days are flying by way too fast aren't they?! I really can't believe how short the months seem to be lately.
It sounds to me like you and Sam and Emma had a good trip to Florence. Were they low on pretzels? How is Dipzy's doing? Has it grown any? Has the website been doing anything? I don't even remember...did we leave the website up or not? So, what's this trap door in the bathroom? Do I have an explanation in the letter from Sam that's on the way?
That's too bad that Jackson go sick. Did it ruin any of your plans? I'm glad that he's doing better now.
Well, I'm really wanting to pick up the pace on this whole learning Spanish thing but I don't know where to start. Any suggestion? I think the hardest part for me will be patience!
Well dad, you asked if I have gotten sick of my fried rice. Not yet, but I did make a TON! More than I thought. I've only eaten half of it so far! I still have another full weeks worth! It's pretty tasty though!
Well, you asked how I feel about how I'm doing. Honestly I feel like I'm doing great. The only reason I say that is because I feel like I am learning and improving. I'm not at a stand-still. I talked with Sister Pfile at interviews and asked her how I can become better at clearing my mind so that I can be more open to receiving personal revelation. She gave me a few suggestions and the she said, "Elder Cryer, this is a skill you're learning. Be patient with yourself. You will become better at it the more you practice it."
So I really do feel like I am growing.
Leading with love is another story! No, it's getting better but I'm still not very good at it, I don't think. I still don't have the D&C 121:36-46 leadership down yet. I still have alot to learn. President encouraged me to study...not read, but study those verses. I am going to do that because I want to lead with love. I just don't know how to yet. If I could lead like you dad then I would be happy. I just don't get how you do it but you are a great leader. A good example for me.
Well, we have to go help someone move a couple of dressers. Maybe they'll feed us too! You never know.
.................
Hey, they did feed us! We had Pizza Hut pizza. Not the good ole homemade pizza but it was not bad. They ended up not even needing the dressers moved! So we helped move a couple of other small things and then we ate.
Well, I'd better get this in the mail before the mailman comes to pick it up.
Love you all!
Love Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment