Sunday, April 17, 2011

THE GOSPEL HELPS US TO BE HAPPY

April 11, 2011 Letter

Dear Family,
Well, it is p-day morning. Today we have a mission wide p-day activity. We all have to deep clean our apartments from about 10am to 12pm. Yeah! Doesn't that sound fun? Well, not really...but it'll be nice to have a deep cleaned apartment.
Well, it's been a busy week here in the Liberal district. I had to do a baptismal interview in Hugoton and Guymon on Friday and then I had another one on Saturday. So there was quite a bit of driving done these past couple of days. Baptismal interviews are a fun part of being a district leader. I love getting to go to new places and meet new people and hear their testimonies. It really helps to strengthen my testimony of how the gospel helps us to be happy. It's neat how easy it is to care about people when you hardly even know them. It's been really fun.
Elder Clark and I are currently in the finding stage. We had to drop a couple people yesterday because it's the third week that they've promised to be at church and haven't been there. And they won't answer their phone or door until after church.
Well, we have been having some nice weather lately. It was 90 something yesterday and it looks like it will be another nice day today.
So, I have what will probably be my last interview with President Pfile on the 18th of this month. I don't know if he will do another one right before he leaves or not but I doubt he will. I think my next interview will be with President Andersen.
Well, I just got back from e-mailing and shopping and then when I checked the mail I had a letter from Emma!
Yeah, I'm going to walk the "yellow brick road" on the 19th I think. That's our p-day.
Yes conference was awesome! I took a ton of notes. I always love how much I learn. Then the hard part is applying what you learn. That's why it's such a good idea to read over the talks again. I'm excited to get the conference issue.
Well, I'm excited to hear how your boogie-woogie piano playing comes along. You'll do great. You and Sam have always seemed to pick things up really quick on the piano. How's my violin? Has it been touched at all? Just curious.
Well, love you all!
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment