Monday, June 13, 2011

MORE NEW BEST FRIENDS

June 13, 2011 e-mail
Well, hows life? :)
Everything is good here. Lots going on in preparation for the new mission president. We have our new phones now....texting and all. It feels weird to text again! Maybe now I wont be so out of practice when I get my own phone again! ;)
So we have two new families that we're working with. Its nice to have some investigators again! :)
We have been on companion exchanges from Thursday to Sunday. I got to spend Thursday with Elder Baker, a zone leader, who I actually served around when I was in La Junta. Do you recognize his name? Well, I got to serve with him again so that was fun. Then On Friday after district meeting I stayed here with Elder Adviento (from Woodland Park area) and then on Saturday I spent the day up in Woodland Park with Elder Gardner. It was a good few days. I love Woodland Park. It is so pretty. I honestly wouldn't mind serving a transfer there but I have a feeling I'll be dying here in Mtn Shadows and Academy....which by the way I'm completely fine with that as well!
Oh so guess what?!?!?! I'm sure you've heard of Sally DeFord.....she writes a bunch of church music. Well I'm serving in her ward. lol We were scheduled to eat dinner with them but we had to cancel because of appointments. So I haven't really formally met her yet....but that's pretty cool huh?!?! :)
So last night I climbed into bed and it wasn't but two minutes and I heard a knock at the door. I was like "who in the heck would be knocking right now?". But I got up and went to the door. It was our little neighbor girl...she's probably about 10. She smiled and then said, "Wait right here O.K.," and then she took off. I didn't know what was going on. Well in about 15 seconds she was back with her younger brother. They had brought us two big BBQ chicken legs (and I mean BIG) and some grilled sweet onions. It was so nice of them. We thanked them and then devoured it! When we were done we went outside to where they were bbq'ing and thanked them. Their dad was like "Oh you're welcome...it will be better next time. This was my first time grilling on this BBQ". We were like "Better? Man it was delicious! Thanks so much!" So, we may be getting some more BBQ as he experiments. So we have some new BEST FRIENDS! :) We are going to try to make them an apple pie...because we have a ton of apples. We'll make two and try ours first to make sure it turns out presentable. :) lol! Don't wanna destroy our friendship! ;)
Well, hmmm. I cant think of much else new right now....I'll do some brain storming and write a letter! Hows that sound?
Love you all
Love Elder Cryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment