Saturday, June 11, 2011

ANOTHER "COOLEST FAMILY"

June 6, 2011 e-mail
Hey everyone! my weeks been good. Weather has been hot. Ive been lovin' it! I would so rather work in the heat as opposed to the cold. We've gotten a couple referrals this week. So far we've attempted to contact them but have had no success....we'll keep on trying. In fact we just got one this morning...so we're going to try to see them this evening.
Man, I cant believe that Carson is on his mission. That just seems crazy! He is gonna be quite the fun missionary. :)
It was great to get that big letter full of pictures. Everyone looks so good! It was great to see Jodi and Chris and Carson again....oh, and Sarah. And of course its always good to see my crew! lol I got them all put in my picture book. I'm glad that Chris is doing well. She looks great!
Well, I haven't met the new Mission President. He should arrive here about June 28th from what we've been told. There are already a few changes being made in the mission though. We just got word today that we are switching cell service to Sprint and that we will now be allowed to text! How crazy is that?!?!?!?! And that's not even the craziest thing.....we also got word that each companionship will be given a portable DVD player for training reasons. Like, to watch PMG dvd's and stuff. Its a big trust issue, I hope no one abuses the privilege because I think it could really help with the work. I wonder how long till we get i-pads? :)
We just had stake conference. It was so good. We had Elder Niel L Anderson from the twelve here. That is always a neat experience. The thing I love most about them is that they all seem to have a sense of humor. They are regular men. They don't try to be anything other than themselves. Its always neat to see that.
Well, today we're going to TRY to relax a little. We're going to clean a little, write some letters, shop, and then maybe even take a nap....yes you read that right. I MIGHT take a nap. Only maybe. :)
So, I hope everything is going good back home. I'm doing great here....we're teaching a few investigators and a few less actives, and we're getting fed well. In fact last night we had dinner with an awesome family...the Morgans. Before we left one of the daughters asked if we liked 'Pops' cereal. We're missionaries so of course we said yes...its free food! And we do like them....so she ran downstairs and came back up with two boxes of them for us. :) Yup, they are now at the top of my list for coolest members! They said come by anytime and they'll feed us dinner or give us food or whatever. They are so cool. But yeah, so I'm good. :)
Anyway, take care and I'll talk to you soon via email / letter.
Love you,
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment