Wednesday, April 21, 2010

JUST A SHORT ONE

April 12, 2010
Dear Family,
So, I'm really sorry but this letter might be a little short because I don't have much time. It's 10pm right now and I have to be in bed by 10:30.
So, about 'B'. He is a young kid that Elder Torres and Elder Miller found a couple days before I got moved here to Calhan. They tracted into him and then I became involved in teaching him by the second lesson. He took a while to decide to be baptized and it was only after he prayed for an answer that he received a witness that he wanted to be baptized. So he was baptized on January 31st. He's been super active ever since. He's doing great.
Right now in my personal study I am completely focused on the Book of Mormon. It's been so cool because it's never all fit together for me. I've known the stories but they were all separate. But this time through it's all fitting together. It's been so neat. It sounds like your studies are going good. Man, I'm definitely grateful for my conscience!
So dad, yeah, we do meet with the Bishop and Ward Council every Sunday. That's when we update them on the work we've done that week and then they give us information and assignments. I am amazed at how much missionaries know about the people in the ward. They know practically everything! Maybe it's just all the gossip here in Calhan but watch out...your missionaries might know everything about you!
This last week we helped a family who is building a house. It actually felt nice to get out and do some of that kind of work! We moved a ton of hardwood flooring and siding and lumber and sheet rock. It made me feel like I was right back at Jerry's.
So guess what! The grass here is actually starting to turn green! It didn't think that would ever happen. It's very nice to see some green for a change!
Well, that's about all the updates from me. Again, sorry this letter is a little short but it's been a rather slow week. Elder Torres and I are praying and working hard to find people to teach...we've hit a little bit of a dry spell.
Well, I have to go now...I love you guys! Have an awesome week. And again...thanks for all your prayers for me...I need all the help I can get! Know that you're in my prayers.
Love Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment