Tuesday, March 8, 2011

GET THEM TO LIKE YOU AND YOU'LL GET FED

February 28, 2011 e-mail
Hey everyone!
Yeah...Can you believe it? I got transferred!!! :/ I don't know what to do with myself! Every time I wake up I have to remind myself that I'm not in Ulysses and Hugoton anymore! It's kind of weird...but I guess I'll get used to it. It doesn't bother me that I left other than the fact that I REALLY miss some of the people there. That has been the hardest part. I hate goodbyes and there were a lot of them that I had to give. I still think about all those people every day and wonder how they're doing. Don't get me wrong...I have already met people here that I know I'm going to love but its still a little hard. If I had to describe everything about a mission in two words it would be "Bitter Sweet".
One neat thing is that I get to live in an apartment with my companion and two other Elders. So there's four of us all together. That makes things a little more exciting.
So I had my first district meeting last Friday. It felt weird being the one who was conducting the meeting. Its going to take a little getting used to. It was fun though. We talked about teaching to investigators needs...not just teaching lessons. I learned a lot while I prepared it and I hope that the other Elders learned something from it.
I appreciate the thoughts and advice that you had for me dad. I need all the help that I can get. Something that President told me was "Be sure to spend a lot of time on your knees. If you don't then it just wont work." I really do believe that. The only way that I'll be able to help seven other elders is through communicating with them and the Lord. I'm excited for the opportunity that this will give me to grow but I'm a little scared at the same time.
Well, thanks for letting me know about checking my balance. I'll be sure not to do that anymore. I didn't know that it was charging me.
So we are working with a young man who is preparing to be baptized on the 6th of March. He is awesome. We asked him what he remembered about the plan of salvation and he gave a perfect explanation of it. I was amazed. So we taught him some of the commandments the other day. His mom was pretty apprehensive about giving consent for him to be baptized. Well, we found out that they were moving and so we spent a whole day helping them move. Just last night we got a call from a member friend of that family who told us that the mother was really impressed with all the help we gave and she wants to meet with us. She said that her son has permission to be baptized and she wants to ask us some questions because she thinks that she might want to get baptized too! Isn't that awesome! So we'll be meeting with her soon.
Man, so I get to enjoy better weather than you? That's crazy. Although yesterday we had some pretty bad wind. One nice thing about getting transferred is that now I have a Wal-Mart about three minutes away! No more Wal-Mart deprivation!
One bad thing about getting transferred is that we don't get fed every night here. We have about two days a week left empty. I'm going to see what I can do to change that. One thing that I've found is that if you get the members to like you then you'll start getting fed...a lot. It's happened in all my other areas! And the food that I've eaten so far in this area has been really really good.
So from the pictures that you sent it looks like you all got a decent amount of snow. When did all that come? Was that during the time it was snowing here as well or is that more recent? I bet Sam and Emma.....and Jackson.....loved that.
I really do appreciate all your prayers. I cant think of anything else that I need right now. I'm doing pretty good. You may see some money come off of my card at JCPenny. Most all of my shirts have gotten attacked by the dryer in Ulysses and so they have dark spots on the collar. So I think that I might buy two more white shirts for district meeting and zone conferences and stuff. Just so you know. But now I have a JCPenny pretty close so I should be able to take care of that. If there is ever anything that I can do for any of you though, just let me know. :) I'll be happy to do what I can.
Well....I think that's about all that's new with me. I'll probably think of more though and put it in my letter!
Love you all...have a great week!
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment