Tuesday, March 8, 2011

HOW I MISSED MY FIRST DISTRICT LEADER TRAINING MEETING...AND OTHER ADVENTURES!

February 24, 2011 Letter
Dear Family,
Well, I don't have a whole lot of time but I wanted to write and give you a quick update.
The last few days have been filled with lots of driving and exciting adventures.
Tuesday evening Elder Melville, Elder Partington and I headed towards Springs in a very over-loaded Malibu. We were borrowing a GPS from Elder Smith so we wouldn't get lost in the middle of nowhere. Well, long story short...it led us right into the middle of nowhere. We looked at the map and saw that we should hook back up with the highway in about twenty miles. Feeling a little more comforted we sit back in our seats and hit the gas and continue driving the remaining twenty miles to civiliation. Well, right when we got relaxed we hear a warning bell go off. We get out and look and sure enough our rear right tire is completely flat. So then we had to unload the entire trunk to get the spare tire out. (If I remember I'll send pics with my next e-mail.) So, needless to say, I missed my 7:00 District Leader training meeting. Oh well, the AP's were very understanding. So basically I'm just supposed to figure this whole District Leader stuff out all by myself. It's pretty crazy.
February 28, 2011
Yesterday was my first day at church here. It went pretty well. It was Fast Sunday for us because we have Stake Conference next week. So I got to go up and bear my testimony and introduce myself. Then I was informed that me and another Elder were going to be teaching Sunday School for the youth. So we had about 2 minutes to read through the lesson and then we taught. Me being me though I had to have a little fun so I got to know them a little bit first. They are pretty cool. We had lots of fun. We talked about "where your heart is, there your treasure is also". We had some discussion time that went good. I like to try to have some fun when I teach.
One thing that I discovered is that Ulysses and Hugoton had very nice mattresses. My new mattress is not very comfortable at all. I can literally feel the springs. Oh well, I'll live....maybe.
Hopefully all is well back home. I'm excited to get your next letter.
Love you all!
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment