Wednesday, July 6, 2011

EVERYONE HAS A STORY TO TELL!

June 27, 2011 Letter

Dear Family~
So, I don't know if you've noticed that my handwriting has changed since I came out, but I've made some changes to the look of it. It's funny because here lately I've had a couple Elders tell me that they've changed their handwriting to look like mine! How funny is that. I just thought you might get a kick out of that.
So, the work is going well here. I still don't feel like I know the area very well, but I'm able to get us around fairly easily. I just make a few wrong turns here and there.
We got to go into Primary again this last Sunday and teach about the first four principles and ordinances of the gospel. I always love teaching Primary. Kids are fun. None of our investigators made it to church this week, which was disappointing. One of them ended up in the ER. We don't really know why. Another one had to work. Another one we were never able to get a hold of. We're really focusing this week on getting people to church and getting a member to every lesson.
Well Sam, how was your mini mission? It sounds like you enjoyed it for the most part. You asked if we do much tracting....it depends on the area and the week. I'd say on average for my mission I've done about ten hours a week. But just here in this area we seem to do between seven and ten hours a week.
It was fun to hear some of your teaching and eating experiences. Missions for sure give you lots of good stories! But you're right....it's awesome! Like you said, there is so much more to people than what meets the eye. Everyone has a history...a story to tell. I love listening to people tell about who they are. I find it very interesting. You really begin to love everybody when you know who they are. When I stop someone on the street to talk to them I always start by telling them who I am and then I ask about them; who are they, where are they from, what do they like to do, are they religious. It's amazing how much people will open up and talk if you're genuine. I wonder how my mission would have been different if I knew when I started what I know now. It's crazy to think about but we need to learn somehow, sometime. But these are skills that I'll be able to use for the rest of my life. I just need to keep applying what I'm learning.
Well, I know this letter is not long but it's better than nothing, right?! And I can't really think of any updates. But, take care....I love you!
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment