Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A DISAPPOINTMENT

August 29, 2011 e-mail
Hey!
Well I have to say that I'm very jealous of that new program you have! I would much rather just talk about what's going on than to have to type it out! I HATE typing! haha But...I guess just a couple more weeks of that and then I can just talk. :)
So funny story about the earthquake.....It hit at about 11:45 ish here in the springs. It woke Elder Berghoff up and he called my name to wake me up...he was like: "Elder Cryer, do you feel that?"...I was still half dead and I couldn't feel a thing! I thought he was going crazy! So....I can say that Ive been IN an earthquake....but still can't say I've felt one. :/ haha I guess the earthquake came out of Trinidad...at least that's what we've heard.
People have also been telling us about all the stuff going on in the eastern part of the USA as well.....some crazy things goinG on..that's for sure.
Uh Oh....I'm gonna have to stand in front of a council huh? :/ haha jk jk Yeah that'll be fine. Ive got lots to tell. :)
So...I got a letter off to you last week....I hope that you have received it. If not...you should be getting it VERY soon! :)
I have so much to tell you about...but I wont have enough time to write about it all in my email....I'll try to get another letter off to you soon.....but I'm sure I'll have stories to tell when I get home too. ;)
Me and Elder Berghoff have been having a blast together. We tried putting on this "tree of life" activity for our investigators and less active members. We had invited a bunch of people and set up rides and got members bringing dessert and everything. Well we spent 5 and a half hours setting up at the church....a half an hour before it was due to start the dessert arrived....then.....no one else did! :( It was was disapPointing and we felt so bad for the members that had brought dessert. We tried calling everyone that we could but no one answered. It was a real bummer but the members handled it really well and now they just joke about it. They still love the idea and so we're going to try to do it again in a couple of months. Well....someone will try it again. lol
Well....I have to go....this things yelling at me that its about to shut off.
Love you!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment