Friday, January 7, 2011

IT'S GREAT BEING A MISSIONARY DURING CHRISTMAS

12/31/2010 letter
Dear Family,
It's weird to think that that's the last time I'll be writing 2010. Tonight is New Year's Eve! There is snow on the ground and it is COLD! Today we hit a high of 6 degrees and the wind was blowing which made it colder. Luckily we didn't have to spend much time out in it. We had our District Meeting here in Ulysses from 10:30 to 12:30 and then we went to the Sieberts and did their interviews. (Which went great by the way!) They all passed without a problem. I'm so excited for their baptism. I get to baptize Cori (mom) and Whitley (the 10 year old). Elder Smith will baptize Sami (the 12 year old) and Katelynn (the 8 year old). We can't wait!
Now it's 1-1-2011! Crazy! Last night we went over to the Sieberts and played Yahtzee and ate snacks. Sami made home-made salsa and also spaghetti. It was actually pretty good. I wish you could meet this family! They are so awesome.
So, a few questions to answer. Emma, you asked what our letter reading routine was. Basically we usually read our letters to ourselves and then we'll sometimes share highlights. Of course I did let Elder Smith read our entire Christmas newsletter. He enjoyed that. Speaking of letters...from your last letter it sounds like you are enjoying dances WAY TOO MUCH! It sounds like you saved Tyler's first dance experience though!
As for your next question. I don't know what will happen to the ward parties here when I leave. They'll probably quit having them. (Just joking)
So I got your letter with the list of things going on in 2011. That's a lot of exciting stuff. Busy year it looks like.
You got asked out? Was he out of his mind?! It's a good thing dad doesn't have a gun! (Sorry, had to throw that in!) Dating's no fun anyway! I like the idea of the 'Attention Please' note! It might not be a bad idea!
I don't know if I thanked you all for my Christmas letters. I really enjoyed that. The pictures were a nice touch. It is a great thing being a missionary during Christmas. It's so much easier to focus on what it's all about. You're not concerned about what you get or how much you have. It just doesn't matter. And when you do get presents it seems that you appreciate the sacrifice the person made to get you the gift rather that the gift itself. It's awesome. I hope that focus stays with me after I come home. And I was SOOOO excited to hear you're planning on serving a mission Sam! Missions are AWESOME! I don't regret AT ALL coming on a mission. Best decision I've made so far!
Oh, congrats Sam on finishing the Harvard Classics Collection! That is...amazing! I could not do that!
And good job, Emma, on winning the Swell Swine award. I loved the picture of Mom, Sam and Dad in the newsletter. They look so sad! Classic!
Well, on Monday I'll let you know how the baptisms go! Love you all.
Love Elder Cryer
P.S. Transfers is next week so you may want to send stuff to the mission office address in case I get moved. Thanks! I find out what happens on the 10th of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment