Saturday, January 1, 2011

HE PAUSED A MOVIE TO LET US TEACH HIM


Christmas Day December 25, 2010 letter
Dear Family!
It was so good to talk to you all! It sounds like you're all doing very well. It was fun to hear some of the news back home. I'm very excited to get the Town Cryer. I loved getting that last year.
Right now as I'm writing I'm listening to Harry Connick Jr. Christmas. Elder Smith is taking a nap. After we finished our phone calls we ate with the Woods and then played a trivia game. Then we went to the Arnold's and ate with them. Now we are here. We're planning on seeing the Moyer's and Peters in a little while.
I'm trying to think if there is anything that I forgot to tell you on the phone. Did I tell you about Pablo? The other day we had a ton of people to see and they all fell through so we decided to tract. On the third door we found Pablo. He and his little daughter were watching a movie but he paused it and said we could teach him. He's a neat guy. Very teachable. We asked him about baptism and he said that he'd already been baptized as a baby but thought he should do it when he was older so it could be his decision. We gave him a date for the 9th of January. We want to meet with his wife too.
The mission has been making a lot of adjustments. The biggest one is that we're not directed to teach The Restoration on our first visit anymore. On the first visit we are just supposed to talk and teach BAPTISM! We just heard about this so I'm really excited to try it. We role played it in District Meeting and it's really neat.
That's all the up-dates I can think of right now. I'll be writing again on New Years because that's a P-day.
Love you all!
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment