Saturday, October 16, 2010

MY 2nd YEAR GAME PLAN

9-28-2010 Letter

Dear Family,
Man, It has been an awesome few weeks. I have had such a sense of urgency. I'm really starting to realize how short a mission is. In my letter for my Temple Jubilee it said to come with a clear idea of my goals for the next year of my mission. As I have been thinking about it I have been thinking that the only way to improve my mission is to improve myself. So, I think that I am going to study and apply a Christ-like attribute every month. There are nine listed in PMG so for the last three months I will re-study and continue to try and apply.
I also want to memorize (and study) at least two key scriptures every month. That would give me 24 key scriptures.
I have also decided to slow down my Book of Mormon reading to once every two months instead of once every 6 weeks. I feel like that will give me more time to really study. I have read it four times since I came out. So by the time I finish I will have read it ten times total on my mission.
The other thing I want to do is what is taught in D&C 11:21. I want to really 'obtain the word'. I am going to study lesson 1 for a month, then lesson 2, then lesson 3, and then 4. Then I will start back at 1. That way I can study each lesson for one month each three times over the course of my remaining twelve months. (Did that make sense?!)
So, that's my game plan. What do you think? Do you have any other ideas?
Thanks for your letter Sam! It was good to hear from you.
Yes! I am doing great! I think that I'm starting to get over the fact that a flippin' chihuahua ate my dinner!
Wow! So...Relief Society President?! How is that going? I bet that's a little stressful! You could always use my game plan...just transfer your records! It sounds like you got some great counselors...and a great secretary (even though I don't know Katie as well as I know the other two).
That is just embarrassing that you got passed by a butterfly! I'm glad it was while you were on your bikes and not in the car. That really would have been something!
There has been a ton of little flying bugs in the air here. It's nasty when we're riding our bikes towards the evening because the air is full of them. We have to brush off our shirts when we get to our destination.
That sounds like quite the sight...you all crowded around the sink trying to get the juice can out of the drain! I'm glad that you were finally able to get it out! (Good idea...with the tongs.)
Well, I'm sorry to hear that work is boring. Hopefully it will pick up soon. I guess it's not too bad if you get paid to chat or read though!
Well Emma....I have to agree with Sam. Your cartoons are amazing! I wish that I could watch you draw one because I'm still trying to believe that you are actually drawing those! You picked up on those very quick. I agree with Sam also on her idea that you should start doing a monthly comic strip for the Morning Toast. I think that would be awesome.
So, about the baptism this last Sunday. His name is F.M. He is originally from L.A. but he is here for work. His baptism was so awesome. He had been really concerned about the number of people that were going to be there because he is a little shy. Well, there was a very good turn out. There were about forty people that came. I was the one who got to baptize him. After the baptism, while we were changing, I asked him how he did with that big crowd. He said it was great! It was neat to hear because we had promised him that those shy feelings would go away when he got baptized. His baptism was a very spiritual experience.
Well, today we got our car all washed. It's looking mighty fine. Somehow I ended up washing it all by myself. Elder Moser sorta put himself in charge of working the hose! Oh well...it worked I guess!
So do you remember Kurtis Pugh? He was my very first baptism on my mission. Well, I heard from him the other day. He told me the best thing that I could have dreamed of hearing. He told me that he is getting ready to go on a mission. It just filled me with so much joy and gratitude! He is going to be an amazing missionary! I can't wait to hear where he will get called to.
Well, I guess I'll let you go on that happy note!
I'm glad your all doing good! Thank you all so much for everything you do for me. Both things I see and know about and the things I don't see. It means a lot to me. I love each of you so much!
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment