Tuesday, October 26, 2010

UNEVENTFUL WEEK

18 October 2010 Letter

Dear Family,
Well, this week hasn't been the most eventful week ever. I did predict transfers correctly. By the end of this transfer I will have been here in Ulysses/Hugoton for seven months. That's a decent amount of time. I hope I'm here through Christmas and New Years. Only time will tell.
So on Saturday we went down to the church to make a few phone calls because our phone had died. Well, when we got there we saw a few cars outside and a BBQ that was smoking. We went in to see what was going on. We soon found out that the Activity Day girls (all two of them) were putting on a lunch for their parents and the Branch President. They told us that they were eating in two hours if we wanted to come back. Of course we aren't going to pass up an opportunity like that! So we went back in two hours and ate with them. The girls took us to our seats and took our orders. We had a salad for the pre-meal watcha-ma-callit and then we had lemon pepper chicken, corn, and a huge baked potato. Then they served us raspberry pie, vanilla ice-cream and whipped cream for dessert. They made Elder Moser put cream on his own pie but they put mine on for me. I guess we know who they like better!
Well Mom and Emma, I got your letters this week! Thanks so much!
It sounds like Carson has been keeping you all well supplied with bread pudding! He must like to make that. Man, a homemade chocolate cream pie sounds so good right now. I haven't had a real one since I've been gone. I've had a few fake ones but that doesn't quite compare!
I'm glad to hear that Chris is doing well. She has been a part of my prayers and she will for sure continue to be. I'll be praying that her surgery goes well on December 1st.
Well, to answer your Halloween question Emma...The Ulysses ward is having a ward activity on the 29th of October that we'll go to. Then the Hugoton Branch has an activity on the 30th that we'll go to as well. Then on Halloween itself we will go to church of course, have a regular day and then we need to be in by 6 o-clock. So I guess we'll just hang out, play games, hand out candy, stuff like that.
Well, your ATV trip with the Hawes's sounds really fun! I have been ATVing before when I went to Carson's grandparents house for spring break. It's way fun. We'll have to do that sometime when I get back.
Just for fun I decided to look back to my mission planner a year ago to see what I was doing on October 18, 2009. It was weird because when I looked at it I could actually remember that day! It brought back good memories! It was a Sunday and we had nine investigators at church. Speaking of investigators...we have one family right now who is an awesome family! The husband is a pilot and the wife is way funny and the kids are awesome. The only problem is that they are super busy and so it's hard to get a hold of them. It will all work out though.
We have a few other potential investigators but it's too soon to know where they're at.
Well, today has been the coolest day we've had in a while. It's about 60-65 degrees I guess. From what I hear it usually gets cold around Halloween, but I've also heard that they sometimes have 70-80 degree Thanksgiving and Christmas days. No one seems to really know.
Well, that's about all the news I can think of from my neck of the woods.
Take care, Love ya.
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment