Wednesday, October 20, 2010

TEMPLE WHITE

October 12, 2010 Letter
Dear Family,
Well, I'm still alive. I have done more driving than anything lately. When I drove up to Colorado Springs for my Temple trip I drove with Elder Summers...from my original MTC group. It took about five hours to drive there. On the way I saw a DQ and so I had to stop and get myself a blizzard. I had been craving one of those for about six months! It tasted good.
It felt so good to be back in the temple. It felt like home as I walked into the Celestial Room. For the first two hours I did Initiatory work and then we all went through a session. As I sat in the Celestial Room I had such a strong feeling come over me..."What would I give to have everyone I've baptized and everyone I'm teaching here in this room with me right now?" I wanted them all there so bad. I had such a feeling of love for each one of them.
After the session we went to the cafeteria and ate a steak dinner. It was really pretty good. Then we drove back to Springs and went to the mission home. We stayed up for a bit and talked with President and Sister Pfile about the day and what we learned. The biggest thing I came away with was looking at my investigators with temple white on...not just baptism white. We can't forget why we're baptizing.
When we went to bed we all slept in the same spots that we slept in a year ago! It was like a deja vu moment! Le's start all over!
In the morning we got up, cleaned up, ate breakfast, and then bore our testimonies and began our five hour trip back to Garden City where we had interviews.
Well, today of course is P-day. We went to the Ulysses Museum today and walked around. I got a bunch of pictures. It was interesting.
We have transfers coming up pretty soon. I'll find out on the 18th if I'm staying or going. I really hope I get to stay at least one more transfer. I have a feeling I will but I'm not sure.
We just found a new guy to teach the other day. His name is Jeff. He's probably in his late 20's. He seems like a cool guy. He asked some very good questions and gave good thought to the questions we asked him. He said he would for sure read and pray about the Book of Mormon. We're going back tonight to see how he feels.
We're also working with a few others but they're struggling with commitment.
So, we were tracting earlier this week and we found a yard sale and so we looked around for a couple minutes and I found a pair of shoes! They were only one dollar! When I went to pay for them the guy insisted that I just take them. He said, "You already do so much for us and this town by being out doing what your doing...you deserve another pair of shoes." So I got a free pair of shoes!
Well, not much else is new. I cut my hair again for the millionth time! It looks dang good!
Well, I better get this in the mail before it's too late! Love you all!
Love Elder Cryer
P.S. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment