Monday, December 6, 2010

CHRISTMAS, COLD AND MONEY

December 6, 2010 e-mail

Hey everyone!
Whew...where to begin? Its been a great last few days. Its always fun getting a new comp and helping him get caught up with the area. Elder Smith is really cool. He's from Virginia (Another east-coaster!) lol When we role played for the first time a few days ago it went really smooth...which is kinda rare! Usually each missionary has a unique way of teaching and it takes a few tries to get the two styles to mesh....but our first time went really well which was awesome! We were both surprised. It should be a great transfer! We have many people right now that are looking pretty solid.
Well, Christmas has hit. We were tracting down Main st. on Saturday in Hugoton and found that they have attached speakers to the light poles down the street that were playing Christmas tunes. It was really nice to be able to listen to some music while we tracted! Oh, and it was freezing cold! The sun was shining but the wind was bitter cold! It was probably down in the high 20's roughly. The cities (both Hugoton and Ulysses) have decorated the streets for Christmas and lots of people have their lights up. Its weird because our apartment is not decorated at all and so it really doesn't feel like Christmas until I step out the door each day and see all the lights!
So I had taken a bunch of pictures with people (investigators and members) because I thought it was a pretty big possibility that I would get transferred and so when I showed up at church on Sunday with a new companion instead of Elder Moser showing up with a new companion people were a little surprised!
So me and Elder Smith are having a contest to see how much money we can pick up off the streets in a day. So far he holds the record with....82 cents I believe. I'm close behind with 73 cents. Yesterday I found 21 cents and Elder Smith found 13 cents. It keeps things interesting as we tract....we're scanning the streets for money!!!
So, I know we still have a few weeks but what time would work best for me to call home on Christmas day? Or are you going to lock yourselves in the house that day? Just let me know so that if I have to call at a certain time I'm aware of it!
Have you got the house all decorated yet? I'm guessing the answer to that is yes! Are the outside lights up? whats the weather like there?
Well....I better be heading....we have a busy day ahead of us!
Before I go I just want you all to know I love the holiday season. I know that Christ came into the world to become our Savior. I know He lives today. I know that this is His gospel.
I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that He lives and loves everyone as I hope to also love those I serve. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith was called by God to be a prophet. Have a merry almost Christmas!!!
Love you all!
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment