Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'D RATHER BE DOING MISSIONARY WORK!!

December 6, 2010 Letter
Dear Family
It has been a very busy p-day today. Our laundry is in progress right now and I finally found a few minutes to sit down and write.
My mind is blank right now! I really don't like p-days! I know that might sound crazy but I would much rather just be doing missionary work! It's way more fun. But, we have to get the 'house keeping' done as well.
I have two letters to reply to. One of Emma's and one of Sams!
So Sam, you say you had snow?! No fair! It hasn't rained here since September 22. No joke. We have seen no moisture for a while. I don't know when it will hit. I bet that was exciting! Maybe Eugene will see a white Christmas! That would be a first in a while.
Just so you know...I am very impressed about your driving abilities! Now the tables have turned. You can drive me everywhere when I return! That way I don't have to buy gas! No, but that's awesome. I bet mom has you run errands for her.
Wow, that is one intense Swell Swine activity! Good job Emma! Champion! (And good job for almost winning Sam!)
So Sam, have you recorded any since I left? I was wondering about that the other day for some reason.
I want you to know I bought eggnog for the first time this year. It was a quart. It lasted two days! I love it!
So, Emma's getting pretty good at piano huh? We may have to have a piano duel when I get back! We will make music history!
So how is school going for you? Anything exciting happen lately?
Well, Emma....you asked how Elder Moser and I managed to eat three Thanksgiving meals. Well, we just ate and ate and then ate again! We were pretty full but we just tried not to fill our plates too full! I am glad to say that neither one of us was any rounder as a result of the meals.
It sounds like you've all been focusing a lot on gratitude. That sounds great. It always helps you feel very blessed when all you do is thank. You really start to realize how much you have.
It sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving! Did you buy lots of stuff? I bet that's nice to be about done with your Christmas shopping. I bet Zach loved learning to draw. How did he do?
That's funny that you got speaking tips on a talk that you gave a year or so ago! Well, tips are always good.
Well, we have a lesson in a little bit. We're teaching three grand-daughters of a member. Should be fun. We're really excited to teach them!!
Well, I love each of you a ton! Have a great week!
Love Elder Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment