Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS


December 20, 2010 e-mail
Merry Christmas!!!
I thought I better get that in before anything else since I won't be e-mailing again before Christmas. Can you believe that?! I don't know about you but Christmas really snuck up on me this year. I can't believe its here already! I'm excited though...I love Christmas. So far we don't really have any set plans for Christmas...just some rough plans. We will be going to a few families homes to play some games and drink hot chocolate and stuff which will be fun. We still need to find somewhere where we can call home from. We may end up calling from the Woods...where we called home on Mothers day. We'll see. It should be a fun day.
I did get the package that you sent me! Thanks so much!!! I opened it to see if there were any perishables and then found that you had wrapped all my presents...dang it! ;) So I had to exercise all my self control and not open any of them. I get to do that in just a few days!
We just had our Christmas conference as a zone. It was really good. Today we have a zone wide Christmas party at the Segers. (The stake president's house) There are going to be about fourty of us missionaries! Big crowd! Right before the party our district is getting together and doing a bowling activity since it's our P-day. Lots of activities and parties this time of the year. It's a fun time and a busy time.
On Saturday the Ulysses ward had a Christmas party and we were able to get some investigators there which was awesome. Then we did a quick church tour with them. They really enjoyed it.
Last night we went over to an investigators home for dinner and then after dinner we helped them build a ginger-bread house. It was lots of fun.
Well we still have not seen snow, well there was a very little flurry the other night as we were driving back from Christmas conference but nothing to speak of, but everyone says that we'll have a white Christmas. I'm not so sure. It's been cold enough....just not wet enough.
So do you all have any big plans for Christmas day? What are the missionaries there doing?
Oh, funny fact. So I was thinking the other day and realized that if I stay here for three more transfers then not only will I have been here a year, but I will also make three of my four phone calls home from Ulysses! How crazy would that be!?!?!?! I think it would be awesome. Chances are slim but maybe President Pfile just forgot about me! ;) Maybe I'll be here forever! lol Only time will tell.
Well the work is going forward here. I would go into more detail but for privacy reasons I'll save it for my letter! (Which by the way I'll probably be writing on Christmas eve because today is not a full P-day due to the holidays). But I will write it as soon a possible.
I hope you all have a great week and an AWESOME CHRISTMAS!!!! I look forward to hearing all your voices!
Love you a ton
Love Elder Cryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment